…Disney World was awesome. Not only did I get to meet Claire, Cranky, Maddy and Marathon Chris, but I also got to meet Jen. Here are a few more highlights:
- Going to see Cirque du Soleil’s La Nouba on Friday night. If you are down in Orlando, I’d highly recommend it!
- Relaxing on the beach at the Polynesian on Saturday. I got to be the official race photographer for Angry and Claire’s swim off at the hotel pool. Check it out:
- My mom finished the marathon as well – her first one ever! Congratulations Mom!
- Hanging out at Hollywood Studios with Claire and Angry on Monday where we rode the Aerosmith Rock n Roller Coaster a few times, along with the Tower of Terror.
- Getting in my first post-marathon run on Monday night – in 3 inch heels no less! I was running late for dinner at the California Grill thanks to the Disney Transportation system and I was trying to sprint to make a bus. The run hurt less than I would have figured, considering how sore my legs were. Despite getting to dinner late, it was amazing, and was followed by watching the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.
- Raglan Road on Tuesday night.
- Seeing Mr. Potato Head at the Toy Story Midway Mania ride in Hollywood Studios. This is officially my new favorite ride!
Wow, your Mom did it also? Awesome! I wish my Mom would do something like that! How old is your Mom?? I HAVE to tell my Mom about it.
Awesome pictures. Looks like an amazing trip!
Mel-2nd Chances says
Great pics! Congrats to your mom too! That’s amazing and totally inspiring!
Congrats to your mom! I am jealous of your California Grill trip; it’s well worth the mad dash in heels. I love their food! Congrats again!
Marathon Maritza says
FUN! I love all the pictures!
A big congratulations to your mom, that’s so awesome!
I love the Toy Story ride! We got to enjoy it after the ToT this year, and it was a blast!
California Grill is one of our favorite restaurants there. We went there for Lana’s birthday this past year. I love watching the fireworks from the rooftop.
Congrats to your mom! I wish we could’ve seen you while we were there… maybe next time.
Lily on the Road says
Way to go MOM!!
Thanks, after reading all of your posts, I’m really thinking Goofy for 2010! Thanks!!!
Amanda - RunToTheFinish says
oh I love the pics!! so cool that your mom finished!!!
Run Mommy says
That’s great that you Mom did it too! I LOVED the Tower of Terror..although I think we almost lost my Dad from the shock. 🙂 We spent some time in Downtown Disney but with little kids in tow, no Cirque. Next time. Glad you had a great trip!
Congrats to your mom too! Great pics!
That is so awesome that your mom ran the marathon, too – wow!!! And I love your pics with all the other bloggers – so great when everyone can meet 🙂
Speed Racer says
Congratulations, Mom!!! And congratulations again, Leana!!! Angry almost looks sober in that picture at the bar… well except for the Mickey ears that is…
It was really great to meet you, and I’m glad that you had a good time. I certainly did! We’ll have to do it again sometime.
Really enjoyed your marathon report and the rest of the trip info as well! Looks like a great time was had by all 🙂 Congrats to your mom!
Sounds like a great time outside of the race too! Wish I had been around that weekend to meet you. Hopefully someday … Congrats to your mom too!
Looks like an awesome trip. That’s awesome your mom did the race, too!