Holy smokes…it was crazy in the city this morning! The majority of the snow last night was melting when it hit the roads. The temperatures dropped overnight though, and it turned the road and sidewalks into skating rinks. Scary drive into work this morning, and I was just thankful that I was driving in before 6 am and the roads weren’t that busy. The City of Calgary really dropped the ball by not salting the roads. I nearly wiped out a couple times on the walk into the office too. Given that I bailed on my 30 minute run with strides over lunch. I wasn’t sure what the pathways would be like and I didn’t want to run the risk of wiping out. I debated doing the run on the treadmill after work, but ultimately I decided to do a little research for an experiment that I have planned for this weekend.
In other general news:
- Still no formal race plan for Sunday… I’ve got my pace goals down but that is about it. Oh, and I plan to take a gel every 45 minutes – chocolate mint Gu. I have no idea what I’m going to wear since the weather doesn’t look too fabulous. I’ve also been afraid to write down my motivational phrases. I’m not sure what Angie would think when she read that I plan to say “suck it up sissy pants” to myself when the going gets tough.
- I picked up my bib for the race today. Definitely one of my favourite race shirts, plus this will be my first race with a D-tag!
- I tried my wetsuit on the other day. It was disturbingly easy to get on. Maybe that is because I wasn’t struggling to put it on inside an itty bitty changing room on a warm day. And there was no major tugging and pulling of neoprene while swearing under my breath. It looks like it fits okay…but still… Ruh roh!
- Still out front in the office hockey pool. Yay me!
- Someone stole my last piece of string cheese from out of the fridge at work yesterday. i was very upset.
- Busy weekend in the works – massage, getting my hair done, have to do my taxes, racing on Sunday, plus a super fun scientific experiment is in the works!
- Friday is my two year blogaversary!
Have a great weekend all!
Run Sarah says
Good luck on your race Sunday!
I can’t believe it snowed in Alberta, we were having amazing weather here.
Mel-2nd Chances says
funny that you posted about the D-Tag, I just posted about my next race doing one-time disposable chips.. Sorry that you’re still getting snow, that’s crazy!
Good luck on Sunday!
I have to try the Chocolate Mint Gu. I have a bunch of the Chocolate Outrage – yumminess 🙂
alright. the snow is rather old now… i think it was 63 here this morning. 🙂
good luck this weekend!!!
Don’t wory about not having a race plan for sunday…to be honest, I never really have one and I kind of end up running how you feel! The only thing I really plan is when i’m going to eat my gels and every 45 mins sounds like a good one to me! Have a great race and kick some butt yeah!!!
I hate when something like your string cheese incident happens. It seems like such a small thing to get upset about, but sometimes you’re really counting on that piece of cheese.
I call myself names all the time during races. I’ll have to try sissy pants in my next one. Good luck and Happy Blogiversary!
Lily on the Road says
Good Luck for Sunday! Maybe your wetsuit fitting means you’ve changed body shape from all of your dedicated work out! ; )
ditto to Lilly… You are whippin up into fine shape 🙂 Have a great race this weekend!
TNTcoach Ken says
Happy Blogaversary! I didn’t realize that was your cheese…..
ALL the best for a super race! AND happy 2year blogerversary (that is a hilarious word).
Race hard and smart and enjoy every mile of it!!
damn, you got snow and ice? we finally have wartm temps! it’s 77 right now!
hope you have a good race on sunday, whatever it is. sorry i haven’t been reading blogs this week at all, will catch up soon.
Road Warrior says
Awesome. Congrats on the 2-year blogiversary. That’s quite an accomplishment. I’ve really enjoyed reading it!
I got to use a D-tag in Boston… pretty cool!
I *hate* when people steal my food from the fridge at work. Like, COME ONE people!
Good luck this weekend!
I just handed out a bunch of race packets yesterday with the D-tag timing strip. Most people were very happy except Championchip owners, lol.
Good luck on your race. Hope the weather improves soon!
Good luck with your race this weekend!!
I am not a fan of D tags mainly because they are eerily silent. I need me the beeping sound to feel like race day! It sadly seems to be the trend, though 🙁 Can’t they add the sound in like the shutter sound on digital cameras?
Grr! to string cheese stealer!! Mario will bite his/her achilles.
Run For Life says
Good luck tomorrow! I hope it doesn’t do the snow/rain combo for you. Sorry about missing your blogiversary, two years, woohoo!