The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag 3 other people to do the same
1. What are your current obsessions?
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often?
I have the same cotton V-neck sweater from Express in five different colours, so chances are good that I’m wearing that sweater at any given time. Black, purple, blue, teal, and fuchsia. Surprisingly enough, I also own many other brands of v-neck sweaters. I’m sensing a pattern here.
3. Last thing you bought for myself?
I bought four bottles of wine today… Is that the sort of answer that we are looking for? I found a wine shop here that carries Houghton‘s White Classic from Western Australia. I have consumed copious amounts on recent vacations to Australia, so I was pretty enthused to find it in a wine shop here in Calgary.
4. What’s for dinner?
Hungarian cabbage rolls with sauerkraut, double smoked bacon and some smoked Hungarian sausage. If only you knew how amazing it smells in my kitchen right now.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you:
I love Marlene and her blog! She’s one of those people that I wish didn’t live on the other side of Canada because I would love to meet up with her for a run or a race sometime!
6. What is one item you could not live without?
From a running standpoint – my Garmin!
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die?
The eastern part of Australia and New Zealand. Alaska as well.
8. Three things to do before you die:
– Race an Ironman
– Get my Spanish back to being fluent again
– Be in a financial position to travel when and where I would like
9. What are you reading right now?
I just finished New Moon this morning and moved on to Eclipse. It is so hard to put the Twilight series down!
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed?
Marley and Me. I cried and cried and cried… Just like when I read the book.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Wearing Smartwool socks and comfy pants, sitting on my couch and eating ice cream, while watching some trashy reality TV (like Ru Paul’s Drag Race…I loved that show!)
12. What’s your favorite smell?
A really good red wine.
13.If cost wasn’t an issue and you could run any race in the world what would it be?
Marathon du Medoc. Wow, I really want to run this one! 26.2 miles through the Bordeaux region of France, with aid stations every mile. The aid stations offer water, Gatorade, and a different wine from one of the chateaus around. Red at every stop except for one. And I want to be able to taste at every station.
14. Do you have a goal that you are trying accomplish before 2009 is over?
Run a sub-30:00 5K, which will hopefully happen tomorrow!
15. Describe one of your happiest moments.
Finishing the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge back in 2008. I set an endurance goal, and while the marathon wasn’t perfect I trained for the event, and I finished it.
16. What was your best Halloween costume?
I honestly haven’t dressed up for Halloween a lot. Mostly because I grew up in places that didn’t really celebrate Halloween. The last time I dressed up was in 2006 for my friend Susan’s annual Halloween party in San Antonio. I was a stud finder. Here’s me with the chick magnet from the party…
17. What do you have an addiction to?
Checking my e-mail.
18. What do you do that you would be embarassed for others to know about?
19. Do you have a favorite training tip?
20. What is the biggest mistake you have ever made (running-related)?