April has arrived, so that means that it is time to recap my goals for March and see how successful I was!
- Work on my ankle and all of the other issues surrounding it. That means being diligent with the exercises my chiro has given me and going for ART as needed.
- Check! I got a little frustrated that I wasn’t seeing progress with ART anymore and I picked up a Trigger Point Therapy lower leg kit. This has made a huge change in how my ankle/lower leg has been feeling. I’m building my long runs back and incorporating more focused workouts back in as well, rather than just hobbling along for 30 minutes.
- Go to hot yoga at least once per week.
- Check! I am loving hot yoga! I’m seeing some great progress in balance and in my ability to move into postures. I also really love the quiet and thoughtful me time where nothing outside of the studio matters for those 75 minutes.
- Most importantly I want to build on my goals from last month – meal plan, keep up the core work, and follow my training plan!
- Semi-check. We did a good job meal planning but ate out a bit more than we planned. I also was pretty swamped at work for awhile so it was difficult to fit my workouts in.
So moving into April what am I hoping to accomplish?
- Train as smartly and as strongly as possible for the BMO Vancouver Half. Only 32 days left to go!! Eep!
- Bring back the plank a day. I fell off the bandwagon in March. Time to get back on it in April.
- Swim at least once a week. I’ve really been struggling with getting to the pool and that has to change. I’ve committed my Sunday mornings to hot yoga and I need to make the same commitment to swimming. After all, I do have a half Iron distance race in July!
- Watch less TV. This is a goal that my husband wanted us to set. We don’t tend to watch a ton of TV, but it is easy to just flop in front of the TV a little too often. Hopefully this goal will make my previous goal of getting to the pool a bit easier, plus it would be nice to take more time to get into some good reads.
- Visit two “new to me” states this month. I have an exciting trip planned! It maybe won’t make for the most ideal taper for Vancouver but this trip will be worth it!
What are your goals this month?