Is it really May already? Where is this year going?? Time to recap my April goals!
- Train as smartly and as strongly as possible for the BMO Vancouver Half. Check! I followed the training plan my coach gave me, getting in all my runs. My ankle is feeling good and I’m ready for the race this weekend!
- Bring back the plank a day. Only a partial check. I still struggle to remember to do this every day. Maybe I need to not leave it for the end of the day all the time??
- Swim at least once a week. Check! I’ve been doing a good job of making swimming a priority.
- Watch less TV. Partial check. I think we did well with this in the beginning of the month. I focused on reading and powered through Gold by Chris Cleave in the first part of the month, but this goal definitely lost steam as the month went on.
- Visit two “new to me” states in April. Check! On Sunday I flew to Grand Junction, Colorado. This week I’ve been travelling around Utah!
My goals for May are:
- Have fun and run a well executed race at the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon this weekend.
- Do a plank a day. Core three times per week (starting next week).
- Swim twice a week, as per my schedule.
- Bring all breakfasts and lunches to work with me. No buying food!
- Time to focus on the goal and prepare for Great White North in July!
What are your goals for May?