Wow, May was quite the month… Time to check in on how I did with my goals.
- Have fun and run a well executed race at the BMO Vancouver Half Marathon. Check! I was really happy with my effort and race at the BMO Vancouver Half.
- Do a plank a day. Core three times per week (starting next week). Total fail. I did a plank on May 1st and that was about the extent of my core work in May.
- Swim twice a week, as per my schedule. Partial check. I had some hits and misses with getting to the pool this month. I had a great swim session with my coach a couple of weeks ago though and we made some great progress in the pool. She’s given me some things to work on and I’m finally starting to feel like my pull is more effective.
- Bring all breakfasts and lunches to work with me. No buying food! Partial check. I’ve been bringing breakfast to work, but lunches I have not been so good at.
- Time to focus on the goal and prepare for Great White North in July! A work in progress!
So, as you can see I didn’t do that great of a job on some of my goals in May. That’s alright, time to move on to June.
- Build volume on the bike, swim regularly and keep working towards Great White North in July.
- I’ve really got to find time for core! Let’s aim for twice a week.
- Have fun racing the Wasa Olympic Triathlon next weekend. Use the race as a practice for open water swimming, getting out of the wetsuit, and being fast and effective in transition.
- Try to get in some open water swims before Great White North if possible!
What are your goals for June?