2013 is just flying on by and somehow December is here already!
In November I ran the Banff Winterstart 5 Miler, the Last Chance Half Marathon and the Edworthy XC race…all in the snow. The snow made Winterstart and Last Chance pretty tough however running on snow packed trails at the Edworthy XC race was a whole other experience! I’m looking forward to getting out for a few more XC races in the next few months.
Running in November definitely ended on a high as I had some really great runs last week. Maybe it has to do with switching up my focus a bit thanks to those hard spin classes and strength training I’ve been doing lately? I finally ran a sub-30 5K on a training run last week and it totally took me by surprise! It has been a good three years since I’ve run that fast so this was a huge boost for me.
And how did I do on my goals for November?
- Find my way to the pool. I’m really happy to say that I’ve been getting two swims in a week consistently. I’ve been doing a lot of drills and I’m feeling like things are starting to come together in the water.
- Core three times per week. I’ve definitely been more consistent with my core work but I didn’t always get three sessions in per week.
- Regular strength training. This one has also been going really well!
- Pack my lunch to work four days a week. I’m really proud of this one. I’ve worked really hard on meal planning lately, always making sure that we’ll have leftovers for lunches during the week. It definitely feels better to be eating a home cooked meal for lunch.
So what are my goals for December? I feel like swimming and packing my lunches has become a habit now so I don’t need to set that as a goal.
- Core three times per week. I’d really like to hit that consistently!
- Continue to work out over Christmas vacation. With our travel plans it may be challenging but I’d definitely like to run a few times and keep up with strength training on our holiday.
How about you, what are your goals for December?