The lovely Krista at Read.Bake.Run.Repeat nominated me for a Liebster Award!
And what does the Liebster Award entail exactly? It is an award to help promote new bloggers. The rules are simple:
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link in their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create a new set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
While I’m not a new blogger it was really nice of Krista to nominate me! Krista’s questions for me were:
- What is the best running costume you have worn or seen?
- I have two! While maybe not the most elaborate costume I still fondly recall the three pink flamingos from Goofy 2008. They put a smile on my face! I also thought this Eiffel Tower from the Marathon de Deaux Rives was pretty outstanding! I cannot even begin to fathom running a marathon in an Eiffel Tower on that hot of a day.
- What is your favourite thing to do right after a run?
- Eat! I am usually ready for a snack right after a run.
- What is your favorite baked good?
- My mom’s carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Most delicious cake ever and my absolute favourite! See how excited I am for cake? I found quite a few birthday cake photos for your amusement while searching for a photo of me with my mom’s carrot cake.
- Does all your running gear have to match?
- I most definitely like to coordinate!
- What is your most anticipated race of 2014?
- Ironman Boulder on August 3, 2014. I am so excited to tackle my third Ironman and I’m working hard to have a great day out there!
- Do you have a bucket list?
- No, not really.
- What is your favorite recovery item? Socks, food, or other?
- I have more compression socks than anyone may need…I do love my post-workout snack too. I can’t pick!
- If you had to describe today in one word, what word would you use?
- Busy! I was at the pool at 5:30 am for a swim, then at the University of Calgary for a course all day, then back to the gym for a one hour treadmill run. It was definitely a full day!
- What is your favorite place to run? (Pick a location whether it be a country, city, inside or outside, trails, or roads)
- I’ve had some very memorable runs in Australia! I love running and sightseeing on vacation. In Sydney… In the Barossa… In Perth…
In Margaret River…
- Do you think you’d love running in the same way if it was your full time job?
- I don’t think so. Running is my escape…my hobby. I think that would be lost if it became my job.
- What is the biggest thing that blogging has taught you?
- Write for yourself, not to try and impress an audience. Ultimately I love having a record of how I was feeling, or what the tough times during training have been. I also really value going back and reading my success stories as a reminder of what I’m capable of. If people love to read my stories then that is a wonderful bonus!
I’m going to nominate:
- Kim at Am I There Yet?
- Sarah at Slow and Steady
- Cindy at Graphix Diva Meets World
- Deb at Deb Tris
- Sarah at Licorice and Olives
- and you!!! (If you haven’t been nominated yet!)
Here are your 11 questions!
- Tell me about your first race.
- If you could run any race, anywhere in the world, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite fuel to use?
- Do you train solo or with a group?
- Have you ever had a running injury?
- What motivates you to keep training?
- What is your favourite piece of gear?
- I’m stealing a question from Krista…what is your goal race for this year?
- Tell me about your most memorable run. What made it so memorable?
- What is the coldest temperature you’ve run in?
- Share your favourite race photo!