Wow…Q1 2014 is over!!! The days…weeks…months are just flying by! The BMO Vancouver Half Marathon is going to be here before I know it.
Time to check in on my March goals…
- Finish at least one book this month. Again I totally failed at this. I’d love to read more, but between balancing work, training, spending time with Neil and Peat, writing and attempting to read other blogs there isn’t a lot of time in the day. I feel so tired at nights that I can’t really concentrate on a book. Maybe I just need to pick a fun, light hearted read. Any suggestions for me?
- One hour of strength training per week. Some weeks I was able to fit strength training in, sometimes it didn’t happen. It wasn’t because I was being lazy, that’s for sure! It just had a lot to do with my schedule at work along with my swim/bike/run schedule.
- Foam rolling. Yes, I’ve got back into foam rolling! Now I just need to fit it in more often.
While I wasn’t super successful in meeting the goals that I set for myself on the blog I think March was a really successful month. I ran my first sub-60 10K in four years. I’ve improved my swim. I am pushing hard on the bike. I am still getting core in at least four times per week! Those are wins in my book!
Hmm, so goals for April…
- In bed by 10 pm, lights and television off. I’m pretty good about going to bed, but I want to keep up the good habit as my training volume builds up. I am guilty of falling asleep with the TV on though, and I want to make sure the lights and TV are off for some quality shut eye.
- Five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. I want to focus on quality nutrition to fuel my training.
- Date nights with my husband. This seems like a funny thing to put on my monthly goals, but Neil is so wonderful and supportive of all of my training. I want him to know I appreciate all he does and I really want to make spending quality time with him a priority. Dinner, movie night, board games, take Peat for a walk in the park (assuming spring comes to Calgary at some point). What would you like to do Neil? 🙂
What are your goals for April?