Nothing like waiting until May 11th to do my April recap and talk about my May goals! I fell off the blogging train in April, but with very good reason because life turned upside down last month! A couple of weeks ago I wrote a big re-cap post and I mentioned that I needed to do a point to point long run a few weeks ago because Neil and I had a place to be early in the day. The truth is we were going to look at a house on the market, so I ran from home to our home viewing appointment. We fell in love with the home we saw and put in an offer that was accepted. The offer was conditional on us selling our town home so we now had to giddy up and get our place ready to sell! We spent Easter weekend decluttering and cleaning. It was really hard to fit in all of my training because there was just so much work we had to do. Unfortunately my parents were also visiting that weekend so it wasn’t the funnest visit for them, but their help was so appreciated and needed! t did the best I could to fit in as much as possible, but a few workouts definitely slid.
All of the hard work we put in paid off and our home sold quickly. Then on Friday we were able to sign off on the purchase of our new home! Our new home is close to great running paths and I’ll be able to have a dedicated workout/indoor spin space inside. We are unbelievable excited to move into a place that will be ours!
As for those April goals...
- In bed by 10 pm, lights and television off. That one didn’t happen! In fact I slept pretty terribly because of the stress and worry and we waited for everything to be finalized.
- Five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Again, this one didn’t happen. As we got into showing our home we didn’t want to create a mess in our kitchen that we’d have to clean up so we ate a whole lot of takeout.
- Date nights with my husband. This one we did nailed! We did dinners out and had a Just Dance battle on the wii. We did make it out for a family walk in the park while there was an open house happening at our place too.
So…we are now almost halfway through May. Time to set some goals I guess!
- Training for Ironman Boulder starts in earnest tomorrow! I’ve fallen off the wagon with my workouts lately and it is time to get back to it. Many days of double workouts and a lot of quality time on my bike lays ahead. Now that the house drama is behind us it is time to get my head back in the game.
- With my workout hours increasing it is time to pay close attention to my nutrition. We ate out way more than I would have liked in the last few weeks. I’m looking forward to some home cooked meals. I want to aim to eat only home cooked meals for all three meals a day…although I think my birthday in a few weeks gets a pass. :)
Pretty simple goals but it is time to make sure my eye is on the prize…Ironman Boulder is not too far away!