Today is Thursday which means it is time for Thinking Out Loud with Running With Spoons….
That makes today the perfect day to share 15 things that you may not know about me! The lovely Angela at Cowgirl Runs nominated me for a Liebster Award so here goes…
1) What is your current health related goal?
To have an absolutely amazing marathon at the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge in Disney World next month! (Nope, still not voicing exactly what that goal is yet because coach and I need to see how my next few weeks of workouts go…)
2) What is your biggest irrational fear?
That my teeth will start falling out. I regularly have dreams where my teeth start to feel loose and then I wind up spitting out a mouthful of teeth.
3) Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
I sure do! I especially love the wrapping paper that has a grid on the back so I can make sure my presents are wrapped as perfectly as possible.
4) What’s your favourite cross training activity?
Does swimming and biking count as cross training if you are a triathlete? If so I’d probably pick biking. I also love getting out to the mountains to hike!
5) If I came to visit you, what would we do?
I think we’d head out to Banff and hike, followed by a pizza and a Caesar from the Bear Street Tavern.
6) You have two weeks off work and two plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you bring?
Two weeks off of work? I’d say we should go to Australia! Maybe we’d go to Perth and on to Margaret River or maybe we’d go drink a bunch of Shiraz in the Barossa. Since all of my travels down to Australia have been without Neil he’s my pick to travel with!
Running in the Barossa!
Wine in the Barossa
7) What’s the most embarrassing thing to happen to you during a run or race?
I was running with a new group of ladies and was wearing a brand new running skirt. Somehow or other the skirt started to ride up and get caught up in my hydration waist pack, exposing undershort clad behind to the lady running behind me.
8) The three best days of your life? Or the top three that come to mind?
The day Neil and I got married.
Every anniversary with Neil.
9) You HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant do you choose and what do you order?
If we are anywhere near a Shake Shack then that is where we are going. I still dream about the burger I had there at Christmas in New York last year. I’m getting a single SmokeShack (cheeseburger topped with bacon and chopped cherry pepper ShackSauce) with a Concrete on the side (frozen custard blended with mix ins). Plus a beer to wash everything down. Yum.
10) Have you ever met a celebrity?
I met Michael J. Fox when I was probably around 8 or 9? This would have been back when he was still on Family Ties. My family and I were dining in a restaurant in New Westminster, BC and he happened to be there too. I got his autograph on a kids menu and I was incredibly shy.
I also “met” Chris Nunez of Miami Ink. I was at a club in San Antonio and as I walked passed him I blurted out, “Oh my gosh, I’m such a fan of your work!” Yeah…way to play it cool Leana… That was a long time ago!
11) Share a pic of yourself in non-workout clothes.
Here’s one…in Vancouver in May!
12) If you could choose to have a “do over” and switch careers, what would you do and why?
I’m somewhat fascinated with wine. I’d really love to start taking wine education classes and it would be pretty amazing to become a Master of Wine.
13) If you won an Olympic medal, how would you react?
No doubt by waking up from the dream just as the IOC official is about to place the medal around my neck.
14) What do you want for Christmas?
A trip to Disney World???
15) What skill do you lack?
The ability to be on time.