Um…can you believe that it is almost April? That Easter is this weekend?? Does it feel like this year is flying by so far? It also feels like with spring coming that one pot meals and comforting soups will be going by the wayside soon in favour of freshly grilled seafood and salads.
We had some real winners with our meals last week:
- Chicken Piccata via Food Network, plus fusilli and zucchini on the side. This was delicious, quick and easy!
- Stove Top Pork & Brown Rice One Pot Meal via Runner’s World Cookbook, but also available online here. This dish was fantastic but with a few caveats. Instead of using pork tenderloin we subbed in a pork loin roast. It held up to the braising much better than we thought the super lean tenderloin would. We also used brown rice as per the recipe but it took forever to cook. A dish that was supposed to be ready in 30 minutes took 90 and the rice was still toothsome at the end. Next time I’d use white rice instead.
- Thai Beef Salad with Mint via Runner’s World Cookbook, but also available online here. This dish was light and flavourful. We’ll be making this a lot over the spring and summer months!
- Chorizo and White Bean Stew via Bon Appetit. A delicious meal that comes together quickly.
- Thai Curried Butternut Squash Soup via How Sweet It Is with sautéed kale on the side. This soup was so yummy and made for great leftovers the next day.
- Saturday: Salmon Coconut Curry via Runner’s World
- Sunday: Meatballs in Tomato Sauce via David Rocco with parmesan polenta on the side
- Monday: Thai Beef with Udon Noodles via Runner’s World
- Tuesday: Eggplant, butternut squash and spinach salad via Triathlete.com
Hopefully these posts are giving you some ideas of recipes that you can add to your repertoire! As usual I’m linking up with Jill Conyers and Laura from Mommy Run Fast along with Laura from I’m an Organizing Junkie to share my meal plan for the week.