Something extremely exciting is happening this weekend… Ragnar Wasatch Back! On June 19 – 20, myself and 11 other Oiselle team ladies will cover 194.1 miles running from Logan to Midway, Utah.
I’m excited to run and travel through what I anticipate will be absolutely beautiful scenery.
I’ve travelled through Utah in both 2013 (for a geology field trip) and 2014 (after Ironman Boulder). There is so much beauty in this state!
I’m also excited to meet my awesome teammates! We’ve been chatting and planning for several months now and I cannot wait to meet these ladies in person. I know that racing in Utah will present some challenges (hello big hill climbs and heat) but I’m looking forward to it. I’ll be runner 1 in van 1 and here’s a look at what I’ll be running.
I get us started with my toughest leg of the relay…6.5 very hard miles. We start at 10:00 am and I have no doubt that the temperature will start to cook while I’m out there. I think starting on the track at the Utah State University will be awesome though!
Somewhere around 10:00 pm I’ll be on leg 13…4.3 moderately hard miles through Richville, UT.
Then somewhere around 5:30 am I’ll be running leg 25…5 moderately hard miles through Kamas Valley.
If you want to follow along with all of our Ragnar Wasatch Back #birdmachine high jinks here’s who else is running!
- Runner 2: Jessica (instagram)
- Runner 3: Emily (twitter, instagram)
- Runner 4: Emma (twitter, instagram)
- Runner 5: Wendy (twitter, instagram)
- Runner 6: Luisa (instagram)
- Runner 7: Robyn (twitter)
- Runner 8: Paulette (twitter, instagram)
- Runner 9: Jessica (twitter)
- Runner 10: Farron (twitter)
- Runner 11: Marilyn (twitter, instagram)
- Runner 12: Kate (twitter)
Have you run a Ragnar Relay before? What advice would you give? How do you deal with running in the heat?