- Minutes 0-10: Hey….this is OK….this is going to be a great run.
- Minutes 10-13: Hmm, this speed work thing is tough.
- Minutes 13-15: Oops, I’m too slow…on my own.
- Minutes 15-25: Speed work sucks. Why did I think this was a good idea?
- Minute 25: Hey, I just remembered that I totally forgot to put Body Glide on.
- Minutes 26-50: Oh…dear…for the love of…why did I forget to put Body Glide on???
- Minutes 27 – 40: Oh…hey…I think I feel some lactic acid in my legs…
- Minute 40: Thank goodness for the cool down…I hate speed work.
One of the gals in the group was celebrating her birthday today, so another gal brought cake so we could all join in the fun. This group running thing isn’t so bad if there is cake afterwards! So we put the tailgate down on the pick up and stood around chowing down cake which made for a great end to the evening. And then…bonus! Another lady in the group works for IKEA and she happened to have a bunch of coupons for money off. Looks like someone is taking a trip to IKEA this weekend…. And the fact that I hate speed work probably means that I should be doing more of it. Maybe I should be alternating hills and speed work..??