- I’m in the lottery for the Nike Women’s race. After putting some good thought into it (i.e. thought that doesn’t happen when I’m running) I knew the half marathon was the right choice. This was also confirmed by coach Angie. She wants me to work on my speed and a full marathon isn’t the forum for that. And I don’t want to enter a marathon just to run one, I want to do well. Anyhow, fingers crossed that our group gets pulled in the lottery!
- Yesterday was our last day of nice weather for the next little bit. I got a run in around my neighborhood in the afternoon. I was supposed to go for 5 miles but my route was slightly off and I finished up with 4.5 miles. Oh well. The run went pretty well – nice pace that I managed to hold on the uphills.
- I have been totally sleep deprived this week. No bueno.
- Despite the sleep deprivation I rolled into the Y on time…for the first time in weeks!! My IMLP lanemate was back and we rolled through our workout together. We had a ladder to do – 11 lengths, 10 lengths…down to 1 length…with front crawl on the odds and our choice on the evens. Since I was pretty tired I kind of copped out a bit and did a breast stroke when I had the option. When we had one length left to go my friend turned to me and said, “Wow, you really go fast on your breaststroke! I look up and you are half a length away from me!”
- After I got out of the pool I was looking over my swimsuit. Sheesh! Swimsuit integrity issues for the second time this week! This time it was in the rear end of my suit, and seriously…this may not be a spot you want the suit to be threadbare!
- I was chatting with a couple of gals today and actually used the word y’all. Wow, where did that come from?! It has been awhile since I activated my inner Texan.
- Tonight was a 54:30 spin on the bike with hill repeats. I propped the front wheel up under a couple of phone books and knocked the workout out. I loaded the iPod up with some old school songs. Well…old school for me…and had a good workout. Finished up and ran through a quick strength workout.
- Tomorrow is a rest day and lunch with an old friend of mine that I knew from Texas. We both live in Calgary now and are off for Indian food tomorrow! Can’t wait to catch up with her.
- I have 342 unread posts in my Google Reader. My apologies if I haven’t been around to comment on your blog this week, but hopefully I’ll catch up with y’all soon!
Hope everyone has a good Friday!!