Today was another one of those epic spring days out in Calgary. The sun was shining and there was minimal wind. The pathways were busy! I was going to do a simple out and back from my office and turned around right at 1.6 miles. When I turned around I wound up running in front of two guys. Before I knew it I heard someone ask me if I had run the Police Half this year…since I was wearing my race shirt. I wound up running with them and it turns out that they are training for the Calgary Half Marathon and the upcoming Calgary 70.3. The guy who asked me about my shirt actually raced Ironman Florida the last two years and we had a great chat about triathlon. It wound up being a really fun run thanks to some great conversation. I have a sneaking suspicion that my pace picked up when company came along too!
In other news, I was tagged Carlee at Chasing Forrest Gump! Here goes:
8 things I am looking forward to
1. Every single triathlon I am racing this year!
2. Cheering on my friends, teammates and blogger buds at Ironman Canada in August.
3. Racing Ironman Canada 2010.
4. Traveling to new places (like the east coast of Australia), or revisiting old favorites (like the UK).
5. Consuming copious amounts of German food and beer on my road trip to Washington in August. Why German food in Washington? Because I’m going to Leavenworth!
6. Becoming a stronger swimmer.
7. Driving home every Friday afternoon so that I can listen to Floorfillers on BBC Radio 1.
8. Running a sub 2:00 half marathon…sometime!
8 things I did yesterday
1. Ate a yummy breakfast of 10 grain cereal, dried fruit, banana, almond butter and chocolate chips.
3. Took pictures.
4. Drank a pint of Granville Island Pale Ale and ate a schnitzel sandwich.
5. Bought a new dog collar for Finlay.
6. Continued reading Breaking Dawn.
7. Priced out flights to Las Vegas on Expedia, US Airways and West Jet…with no successful results.
8. Cuddled with Finlay.
8 things I would like to do
1. Finish unpacking all of my moving boxes.
2. Paint my house.
3. Replace the carpet in my living room with hardwood flooring.
4. Win my hockey pool (even though winning wouldn’t mean anything other than personal glory).
5. Design the perfect triathlon bra for girls who need just a little bit more support.
6. Live in Australia.
7. Bike across the Rocky Mountains.
8. Improve my sleep habits.
8 shows I watch
1. The Amazing Race
2. Cold Case
3. The Mentalist
4. So You Think You Can Dance
5. The Biggest Loser
6. America’s Next Top Model (I swore I wouldn’t watch this year…but that didn’t happen…)
7. Project Runway
8. er…that’s all I’ve got!