How are we at July already?? Where is this year going?
Time to check in on my goals for June:
- Build volume on the bike, swim regularly and keep working towards Great White North in July.
- Well, I tried to build volume on the bike but the weather in June did not make it easy to get in long rides. It was an awfully wet June. I did a half decent job getting my swims in though.
- I’ve really got to find time for core! Let’s aim for twice a week.
- Er…complete and utter fail. Zero minutes of core for me in June.
- Have fun racing the Wasa Olympic Triathlon next weekend. Use the race as a practice for open water swimming, getting out of the wetsuit, and being fast and effective in transition.
- Try to get in some open water swims before Great White North if possible!
- I got in one swim the week of Wasa and then Wasa itself. Does that count??
Yeah, June was a rough month. Wet weather and flooding really impacted training.
What about my goals for July? It is going to be a pretty crazy month with Great White North, Stampede, our 2nd anniversary and the Ragnar Northwest Passage Relay so I’m going to keep my goals pretty simple.
- Run a well executed race at Great White North and have fun!
- Enjoy every minute of the Ragnar Northwest Passage Relay.
- Keep up with swimming after Great White North.
What are your goals for July?