I missed my October recap because Neil and I were on vacation in Disney World at the beginning of the month! And what were my goals for September?
- Have a great race at the Kelowna Wine Country Half Marathon. Execute well and stay positive and if all goes well try to beat my time from when I ran the half marathon portion of the Calgary 70.3 back at the end of July.
- I did not hit my goal time in Kelowna, but I was really happy with my overall race execution.
- No more dinners out for the rest of the month!
- We did okay right up until the last week before vacation. That was one busy and exhausting week!
- Get in at least one hike this month.
- Sigh, that was a total fail. We were just way too busy in September.
Despite not hitting some of my goals I had an awesome race at the Melissa’s 10K in Banff…
…and I felt really confident in my training for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler.
Since we are halfway through October I figure these goals can extend into November too.
- With Ironman Boulder next year it is time to find my way to the pool! I’ve looked at signing up for a swim program to get me to the pool and none of the times really work that well for me. That means it is up to me to make swimming happen.
- Core, three times per week. I’ve slacked on core lately and it is time to change that up.
- Pack my lunches to work four days a week, starting next week. I typically buy my lunch most of the time and this is something I’d really like to change, partly to save money and partly to improve what I’m eating.
What are your goals for this month?
Any suggestions for things I can pack for lunch to keep things interesting?